Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Another Story Sale

Wow- the fastest turnaround EVER on a story. I submitted "Bootleggers" to Short-Story.Me last night, and it was read and accepted by 4 today! Makes me pretty happy, and I needed the boost. Still kind of stunned at the speed in which it happened.

This was a story I rewrote several times, from different points of view. I finally got it to where I was pleased and proud of it, and am happy it has found a home. Within a few weeks you'll be able to read it.

So this goes to show that those many magazines which take months to decide on a story, are just plain lazy. This place is certainly unusually fast, but it shouldn't take more than 3 months for some editor to read a short story!

Well, I'd like to write more, but my daughter has a school band concert tonight. I'll keep you posted on further developments.

No comments:

Post a Comment