Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Busy Time

It was a wicked busy 36 hours from Sunday night to this morning. Did all of the following writing stuff:

--Finished a new, 5000-word story and submitted to a top market.

--They declined to publish it, but rejected with a personal note, saying it was "well-written." So off to the next market, Weird Tales, since I'm in a current anthology (Fungi) with two of their alums, Ray Bradbury and H.P. Lovecraft. Wish me luck!

--The pump fully primed, started work on another story that was just a title and a few bad lines. Put down 1000 words on a good one. This is #3 of a big project, a specialized collection of stories based on paintings by Edward Hopper. The first two have been published, Nighthawks and Bootleggers (currently in the latest Short-Story.Me! anthology).

--Got an invitation to my first author event! Pro writer David Daniel has proposed a few of us in Fungi gather at A Novel Cafe in Tewksbury for a talk and signing. Would love to have a nice crowd for this one. Will let you know details as they develop.

--Realized that my flash story "Heartsounds" on the Every Day Fiction site would make a great audio that I can record and post there. This is one of the top ten stories on the site, and might get more readers with an audio.

--There are online book sites, where readers post their reads and reviews. I don't know which one to join, though: Goodreads, Library Thing, Shelfari, Anobii, etc. Help!

--Another blog entry and more research and emails to and from my publisher.

2 comments:

  1. FWIW, I'm on GoodReads and LibraryThing.

    The former seems to be the more popular of the two. And, I believe there are book giveaways and other promotions you can do through GoodReads, should you choose to do them.

    I post book reviews at both sites as often as I can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbi, thanks. Guess I'll have to take the plunge and sign up for something else that takes up writing time. But I love books so much, I want people to read the good ones I've found.

    ReplyDelete