Wednesday, June 29, 2011

It's Here!

Finally!
After a jillion years of waiting, I now have a quality print copy of my first novel, a mystery titled "A Memory of Grief," available on Amazon.

This is something I've been working for for about the last quarter-century (no exaggeration). Learning how to write a good book, writing a good book, and getting it published has been one damn long, hard road. But it's here, and it's good. I feel somewhat vindicated for all the effort I've put in. Kind of torn between weeping and cheering.

We've toasted with Asti (sparkling cider for the young-uns) and I'm just relieved it came out so well. Awesome cover, everything in the right place, and a story that's good. I've built a fine thing, and now have to get people to read it.

This is the beginning. A very good beginning, but so much work yet to do.

Thanks to you all for being an audience.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Dale! :-D

    I know exactly how awesome it feels to hold your first published book in your hands.

    ReplyDelete