Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Why I Love the Writing Game- Further Adventures

Was having a rotten day yesterday, and was feeling depressed. Re-read the JA Konrath timeline of the work he was doing when he was breaking out as successful. Few have worked that hard to make a success, and yet, as he says, there was a lot of luck.

Then I got home, and my mood got better rather quickly. For awaiting me were two checks for stories I'd sold. Don't think that's ever happened, two checks at once. Also there was the inaugural issue of Trysts of Fate, with my story KillerElla listed on the cover. And a sales report from Audible on my audiobook sales for January.

Wow. When you're feeling low, to have such a shot in the arm is magic. Gives you hope and makes you keep going. Now have to write more stories and send them out. Just to keep the checks coming.
It may not be big bucks, but it was sorely needed.

Did you ever have a time when things were bad, and you got a piece or two of great news?

No comments:

Post a Comment