Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Portland Book Tour

Last week I went up to Portland, Maine, one of my favorite places, and my old stomping grounds, for a tour of different book places.

Sherman's, the big bookstore chain in Maine (that stays mainly on the plain), has a store in Portland, and agreed to take my Zack Taylor mystery series for sale at several locations around the state.

Here's what they've got for a start- seven copies each of the first four Zack Taylor novels, all freshly signed and set for Summer bookbuyers! Since it has a Portland setting, it's a natural.


These folks must have heard my books were now in!
 
  

When you're up that way, stop in, buy some books, and say hi to Josh, who was very helpful. 


If it's used books you want, stop in to The Green Hand, a lovely used bookstore on Congress Street.  Had a nice chat with the owner Michelle there, and browsed among the thousands of treasures.

And it's right around the corner from the International Cryptozoology Museum, the world's most fascinating collection of weird creature artifacts (even better than Ripley's!)


Loren Coleman runs the Museum, and was kind enough to read my book Shadow of the Wendigo, and say nice things about it, since it deals with a subject near and dear to his heart (no, not cannibalism!)
Now the museum stocks copies of the book, so you can have it signed by me and by Loren!


 And of course had to stop in to Portland's jewel, the public library, to discuss getting my books into their collection. After all, I'm listed in the Maine State library system as a Maine writer.


And of course had to stop and get my Pat's Pizza, still the best evah! Been eating it for 40 years, and it's still great!

It's always good to go back up. Even got to visit with some old friends and enjoy the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment