Saturday, August 1, 2009

My First Abusive Poster

Good news! I've received a slew of hate mail comments on this blog from an abusive anonymous poster (as their kind always is). When someone spends a great deal of time, energy, and venom to convince you to stop something, you know you're having an effect. So thanks for the props.

They've been deleted to save the poor fool from embarrassment. The spelling is childish, as are the sentiments, and the bad feeling pours out. It's a sad little person trying to make others feel as small as he is. At first I thought it was someone playing a joke, because it's a caricature. Do people really get that worked up about a blog? Cool.

But the person is so incensed that I dare to publish a blog that they're trying to convince me I'm actually not a writer. Hey, good luck with that! After three good novels, articles, and a number of published short stories, I, and many others who can spell far better than the poster, say that yes, I am a writer. When people give you money for your writing, you're a professional.

The person is trying to make me feel bad because my novels haven't been published yet. Working on it, dude. It's not easy, and not quick, but it will happen. And then you can post on how bad my book is. And you can keep doing that for all the ones that get published and sold. Have fun. You're going to be very busy.

Oh, and the person is upset because I called out a comment by Frankie Valli, the guy who robbed people when he was younger. According to the poster, being a singer gives you a free pass to steal and still think you're better than people with honest jobs. To him, a guy who commits armed robbery is "inspirational." If your inspiration is to commit holdups, I guess it would be.

The cherry on the sundae is that the poster claims to be a writer. To professionals, writing is something more than tapping out anonymous hate emails from your Mom's basement. The "writer" didn't list any of his credits, while slamming me for not having enough. Hey guy, send me a copy of your book, and then we can talk about the relative quality of our writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment