Sunday, January 5, 2014

Happy New Year

Well, we survived another Snowpocalypse, shoveling out from under another foot or so.

Ah, the joys of winter in New England!

So I've been housebound, growing a beard and writing like mad. Will shave before I go into work tomorrow, though. Don't want to scare people with my mountain man visage.

Been creating the next Zack Taylor mystery, A Certain Slant of Light. It's going great, and I'm blasting away, making a new adventure, with a lot going on.

It'll be ready when it's ready, though. No ETA.

***

But the next person who refers to publishing as "just pressing a button," I'm gonna kick in the shins.
If you knew how much work it is to do different versions of the same book, after you've edited it to death and are already tired of the same scenes over and over. Had to maunally go into Amazon and Smashwords and try to get them to recognize all my other books, and synch them all up under my name. Major PITA. Had to create another version for libraries. Had to listen to every word I wrote in 7 books that are now out on audio, on Audible.com. Print versions, ebook versions, alternate versions. It just never stops, long after you've written the damn thing!
Push-button publishing, my butt. If only. But that's a lot of time to format that takes away from the fun stuff, writing.
And there's a lot of writing to do this year. Have 3 novels and 2 other books to be done.
About 200,000 words or so.

So what have YOU got planned for this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment