Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The War of Art

New book for you that is now required reading for any creative person.

The War of Art by Steven Pressfield is hands-down the best, most motivating take on writing and overcoming resistance that I've read. And I've read a lot of these type books.

The best recommendation is that I wrote before I did this post-- I overcame the resistance, and got it done. So it worked for today. Tomorrow we start the fight against resistance anew.

Read it, learn it, live by it. You will understand why it is that you are holding back.

***

Someone who does get it done on a regular basis is Chuck Wendig, author of the Terrible Minds blog, a top-notch blog of writing issues. Chuck is funny, vulgar, and dead-on with his advice. He gives you good lessons while you laugh at his wordplay.

And today his novel Blackbirds has been released. Check it out-- and buy it if you like it. He's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment