Saturday, October 15, 2011

New Story, New Strategy

Whew! Just finished a big task. Earlier this week, I started a new story, "Ruination Beach," an apocalyptic tale.

I had no idea what to write, only the title. With that in mind, however, I did envision darkness, and so it proved true.

And so 'tis finished. Almost 5000 words, and a corker of a dark tale. Am amazed at how well it came out, once I buckled down to work. It's been months since I've written a new story.

In the past, I'd have fired up Ralan's and Duotrope and found a good market to submit to. It would be on its way already. But I have a new strategy.

I'm collecting groups of themed stories, putting them up for sale as mini-books. Like the very talented Katherine Tomlinson.

So instead of waiting many months to read this story, you should be able to see it fairly soon. Along with a number of other ones, some previously published, and some brand-new. Just a lot of technical issue to solve, lots of extra formatting to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment