Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Pretty Good Company

My story "Locust Time" is in the upcoming anthology "Fungi (#20)," due out in January.
Take a look at the author list: http://www.pierrevcomtois.com/fungi20wierdfiction.htm

Uh, yeah, that's me, pointed out as a "talented newcomer" by editor Pierre Comtois, in a print collection alongside Ray Bradbury, H.P. Lovecraft, Ramsey Campbell, and popular mystery author Dave Daniel.

Can you say "WOW!" I'm so happy, and quite stunned. My earliest recollection of fiction is an excerpt from Ray Bradbury's "Dandelion Wine," and soon you'll be able to go to Borders or Barnes and Noble and buy a collection of my words next to his. The man has been one of my influences and idols for over 40 years, and it is an honor to share a venue with him.

Now that, folks, is the kind of thing we writers dream about and work for.

No comments:

Post a Comment