Friday, February 25, 2011

Another Story Sale

For some time, I've been joking that to sell another story, I just need to write a new one. Not that that one will sell right away, but one of my older ones does. Has happened a few times.

Been working on getting novels out, so stories have languished. Even though I sold two poems this month, it's been awhile since I wrote a new story, or had a story sale.

So I determined to get a new story done this weekend. Started last night, with only a title and a vague idea of a scene. No idea where the damn thing was going, what was going to happen. But got a pretty fair opening paragraph done last night, and more today.

Then got an email saying that The Funny Times has accepted my short humor story "The Thriller Writer" for their April issue. Now THAT'S funny.

So that seems to be the rule-- the harder I work, the luckier I get. At least with stories, anyway. Now if we can just carry that over to the novels...

No comments:

Post a Comment