Sunday, February 5, 2012

Another Signing










Had another fun signing last weekend, seeing a lot of old friends.


But why the odd costumes, you ask? This was part of an event run by a group of folks who do medieval re-creation of all sorts, as part of an educational, non-profit group of re-enactors. It's called the Society for Creative Anachronism, and it's been going on for over 40 years.


Since I know a lot of the folks taking part in this event, I put up my first table as part of the "merchants," those with something for sale. Sure, the mysteries aren't especially targeted toward these folks, but I also had copies of my first 5-story collection, Fables and Fantasies. And readers are readers, and the people of this group tend to read more and own more books than the average person. So I sold some books and now have more readers of the Zack Taylor series.


There are those writers who advise that I shouldn't do signings and would do better to stay in my room writing. But I like the contact with readers, seeing the work of many years come to fruition. I may get tired of it, as Joe Konrath has, but for now I'll do them every so often.









No comments:

Post a Comment